Saturday, March 8, 2014

thing 12

I tried the IstoryBooks app first but the books that I thought my niece or nephew would like were part of the premium level and I did not feel like having to purchase them. I did find some free books but found the voice of the narrator to be seriously annoying and knew that the kiddos in my life would roll their eyes and go back to the paper versions pretty quickly. I tried Wattpad next and while it was easy to navigate I was unfamilar with many of the books offered and it seemed more geareed to romance and "adult" material, which I would not like the kids in my life to stumble upon if they ever got ahold of the phone. I did like the fact that I could bypass the login if I just wanted to browse through the selection without having to set up an account. The free books app is an interesting app, I liked the fact that the first book I spotted was one of my favorite plays. It took my a couple of seconds on how to download the book that I chose, it is nice that they give an overview of the book before giving the user a choice to download the book. It really does act like a miny version of my Nook with the option to use your finger to scroll through the pages.

No comments: